- MAKING YOUR BOOKING
(a) PROVISIONAL BOOKINGS: We may agree to you making a provisional booking with us, but this is not legally binding on either you or us unless and until a contract is entered into in accordance with this paragraph 1.
(b) ONLINE AND TELEPHONE BOOKINGS: When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. When you call us to make a booking over the telephone we may also take payment of a deposit, and, as for online bookings, the contract will come into existence when we confirm this to you in writing.
(c) A contract is only formed between you and us when we send our confirmation of booking letter to you by post and/or email. No booking application shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we send this confirmation. If we do not accept your booking we shall of course return your deposit. Please note that your deposit will not be refunded if you subsequently cancel a confirmed booking, as explained below.
- METHOD OF PAYMENT AND PRICE
(a) A deposit of 25% of the rental fee is payable when the booking is made. The balance is due at least 60 days before the start of your rental. If you fail to pay balance of the rental on or before the due date then we regret that we will treat this as a cancellation and you will forfeit your deposit, subject to the paragraph below Events outside of our Control. For bookings made less than 60 days before the start of rental, the total fee is payable.
(b) Payments can be made in cash, by cheque or by most credit/debit cards.
(c) The price of your stay shall be as set out in our confirmation letter. Any “extra” services not set out in this letter which we subsequently agree at our discretion to provide to you will also be billed to you as and when such services are requested and we agree in writing to supply them.
(d) All prices are inclusive of VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date the contract is formed between you and us and the date of your stay, we will adjust the VAT you pay (and hence the overall price of your stay) unless you have already paid for your stay in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE Changeover day is Friday and/or Monday when applicable. Short breaks are three nights starting on Friday and ending on Monday. Midweek breaks start Monday and end Friday. The property will be ready for you from 5pm on your arrival date. Please do not arrive any earlier, as time is needed to prepare the property for you. For the same reason, please ensure you vacate the property by 9.30am on the day of your departure.
- LINEN Bed linen and towels are provided and beds will be made up for you when you arrive. Linen for cots is not provided. Linen for z-beds can be provided at a cost of £50. Additional towels can be provided at a cost of £15. No towels must be taken to the beach or used for the swimming pool or hot tub so please bring your own for this purpose.
- GUEST DAMAGE Please report accidental damage or breakage if and when it happens so that repairs or replacement items can be arranged before the arrival of the next guests. Any damage caused to the property, its equipment, contents or fittings will be invoiced directly to you immediately.
- LOSSES AND DAMAGE TO YOU We accept no liability for loss or damage to personal effects or for personal injury or accident and we suggest you make suitable insurance arrangements to cover these.
- COMPLAINTS Great effort is made to maintain the highest standard of comfort. On the very rare occasion when you may experience a maintenance problem, please call the estate office between 9 and 5, Monday to Friday 01308 424116
- LEISURE FACILITIES You agree that the use of the pool and hot tub, which is unsupervised, is at your own risk in all respects. Whilst we endeavor to ensure the swimming pool, hot tub & sauna at Crepe Farmhouse and the hot tub at Eagles Nest, Bilshay Farmhouse, Axen Lodge and Crepe Farm Cottage are maintained to the highest standard, we cannot be held responsible for unforeseen problems resulting in the facilities being temporarily out of action. Please ensure you read through the instructions provided on using these facilities. NO glass or bottles should be used near or in the swimming pool or hot tub. If broken glass is found in these areas these facilities will be shut down, the guest will be liable for the cost of emptying and refilling the pool and hot tubs ready for the next guests.
- PETS Dogs are welcome in all our properties but must be under proper supervision and control at all times. Please do not leave your dogs unattended at any times. We must insist that all mess be cleared from the grounds of the properties. NO dogs upstairs please. There is an additional charge of £35 per dog per stay.
- SMOKING Smoking is NOT permitted inside any parts of the Property.
- RIGHT OF ENTRY The Housekeeper and/or we shall be allowed the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times for purposes of carrying out necessary repairs or maintenance.
- CANCELLATIONS Subject to our force majeure clause below, in the event of cancellation by you, you will be liable for the full amount. We will do our best to re-let the property. If we are successful we will refund you the deposit and/or balance paid less an administrative fee of 10% of the full rental amount. Any cancellations by you within 60 days of your arrival day will not receive any refund. Please note that by confirming a booking you are entering into a contractual agreement and are liable for the full cost of the holiday. We strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance this is available at a low cost from most insurance brokers, to cover yourself in this eventuality.
- EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL (FORCE MAJEURE) Except as set out in this paragraph, we shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to the venue, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water). In these circumstances, we shall use every effort to notify you as soon as is reasonably practical and to move the dates of your stay by agreement with you. If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, we shall use reasonable endeavours to help you find an alternative property of a similar standard for a similar price but our sole liability to you shall be to refund you any money you have paid towards your stay.
- LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU Our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total amount of money payable to us for your stay. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
- GENERAL Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under our contract with you to another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably. We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under the contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these terms. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law. These terms shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
All written communications from you to us must be sent by first class post to our address as above or by email to [email protected] (or to such other address that we may notify to you). We may send written communications to you at either your email or postal address.